Ford Edge Wins
Ford Edge Wins ‘Middle East Car of the Year 2017’ Award
Ford Edge the stylish and outstanding SUV has made a mark at the Middle East Car of the Year 2017 by topping the Compact SUV category.
The decision was taken by an extensive panel of judges, comprising 15 expert automotive journalists from nine GCC and Levant countries.
Building on the emotional appeal of the vehicle the Ford Edge offers more of the technology that customers desire in a package that meets the highest expectations for quality and craftsmanship.
Thoughtfully built based on the four pillars of Ford – Quality, Green, Safe and Smart, each feature plays a vital role in making this vehicle outstanding. Some of the impressive features are:
- Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS) with Pull-drift compensation and active nibble control offers a light, responsive steering feel around town and while parking. At higher speeds, EPAS delivers less steering assist for more confident control and contributes to efficiency.
- Ambient Lighting consists of LED lights to illuminate the front and rear footwells, the front console cupholders, the media bin and door trim. There are seven programmable colour selections and light brightness and intensity can all be adjusted with the 8-inch center-stack screen.
- 6-speed SelectShift® Automatic with Paddle Shifter is engineered for high quality, quiet, durable operation with capability that enables seamless gear changes and excellent response at the touch of a button.
- Active Grille Shutters and Front Air Curtain helps improve fuel efficiency by maximising the aerodynamic efficiency of the grille opening and the engine cooling system. Included only on the EcoBoost engine options, these shutters automatically open and close to maintain the ideal engine operating temperature and maximise fuel efficiency. Front aero curtains help improve aerodynamics at high speeds.
- Torque Vectoring Control delivers the effect of a limited-slip differential. In cornering situations, the system automatically applies the brake on the inside front wheel, delivering more torque to the outside front wheel.
- Roll Stability Control (RSC) with Curve Control helps the driver maintain vehicle stability in adverse driving situations or when making evasive manuvers on slippery pavement. The system activates whenever the vehicle is started but may be turned off for certain situations.
- Lane-Keeping System includes two key components – Lane-keeping Alert and Lane-keeping aid. The system uses a forward-looking camera to identify road lane marking and to track the lane in which the vehicle is currently travelling. The systems offers three selectable modes – ‘Alert’ warns the driver if the vehicle starts to drift into another lane; ‘Aid’ applies steering torque which can help direct the driver to steer the vehicle back into the lane in which it was travelling and ‘Alert+Aid’ provides the Aid steering torque first and then the Alert vibration if the vehicle continue to drift.
- SYNC with MyFord Touch helps you stay connected to your world via voice-activated hands-free calling and voice-activated control.
- Front Split-view Camera provides 180-degree visibility for limited-sight maneuvers such as pulling out of a driveway, street or parking lot, to help drivers to see around obstacles.
- Intelligent AWD continuously monitors wheel speed, throttle position and steering angle to determine the vehicle’s conditions and driver intent. It also determines the amount of front and rear torque required to reduce wheelslip.
- Hands-free Power Liftgate can be opened or closed with a gentle kicking motion under the center of the rear bumper or to the left or right of the trailer hitch receiver.
- Enhanced Active Park Assist with Perpendicular Park/Pull Out Assist helps take the tension out of a variety of parking situation, including perpendicular parking, parallel parking and park-out assist on the touch of a button.
The Edge is available in four trim levels. These include SE, SEL, Titanium, Sport and for the first time Titanium series to meet market demand for more premium offerings. The all-new Edge will feature three engine options, two of which are new powerplants– A standard normally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 engine, 283 net PS, A twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder 253 net PS and a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6, 340 net PS.
In Oman, Ford vehicles are brought to you by Arabian Car Marketing Co. LLC.
Like our page on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
02/06/2020The Ford Edge and F-150 Raptor have earned top honours in the prestigious Middle…
07/08/2019Ford Transit has again proved the most popular choice when it comes to commercial…
09/05/2019If you have been looking forward to own your favourite Ford, then this is the…
18/03/2019Ford vehicles have long been a symbol of safety and technology. Advancements…
18/11/2018One of the finest large family-size SUVs that can easily accommodate a large…
29/10/2018This season, Ford Oman aims to present its customers with a technologically…
29/10/2018The attractive, powerful and feature loaded, Ford Fusion is not just designed…
31/10/2017Ford’s formidable beast the F-150 Raptor is what dreams are made of. Tough,…
25/10/2017This is the coupe that’s loaded with muscles. One can easily distinguish…
18/10/2017Thinking of owning a Marhaba Taxi? Ford has the right solutions for you with…
18/10/2017Available with plenty of features the Ford Explorer has a lot to offer if you're…
10/08/2017Ford Taurus is the perfect car to accommodate your family comfortably on long…